How to Choose the Best Truck Dispatch Software?
If you run a trucking company, you want to make the right investments to help your business grow and thrive. To be competitive, carriers need truck dispatch software.
However, many of the options in today’s marketplace are out of reach for small to mid-sized companies. Many truck dispatching software options are server-based, which means you can only install and use them on one or a few machines.
At ITS Dispatch, we have changed this model. We offer user-friendly, web-based software that is perfect for today’s small to medium-sized trucking businesses.
Before you invest in dispatching software for your company, you should learn more about how to choose the best solution for your needs. Chances are, you can get all the truck software features you require for a reasonable monthly fee and avoid an expensive capital investment.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the best truck dispatch software:
- Select Web-Based Software: Innovative technology companies are offering full-featured solutions over the web. This lets you access all your company information from any location with Internet connectivity. All you need to do is log in with an ID and a password and you have the ability to run your business from anywhere. You don’t need to invest in expensive servers or work out of a specific office. Web-based software is perfect for companies with multiple sites or virtual teams.
- Seek Out Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): In today’s marketplace, you no longer have to buy expensive software licenses and install trucking programs on specific machines you own. Instead, you can lease software on a month-to-month basis by paying a reasonable recurring fee. You can often get price discounts with annual or semi-annual subscriptions. This budget-friendly option gives growing trucking companies ready access to all the dispatch functions they need.
- Choose Software That Integrates with Other Business Software: : Stand-alone software may perform a single function very well. However, you may find a need to transfer data between applications. Manual data entry is very time-consuming and can lead to unwanted errors. Fortunately, today’s advanced dispatch software integrates directly with other key systems – such as dispatch boards and accounting package. This lets you run your business much more efficiently.
- Look for a User-Friendly Interface: The application you select for truck dispatching should be very intuitive. Experienced team members should be able to learn how to use it without lengthy training. New team members should be able to adapt quickly and start using your trucking software right away. A simple user-interface is essential for operational efficiency.
- Expect Top-Quality Customer Support: If you have questions about your truck dispatch software, you want to connect with an expert promptly and not have to worry about any additional charges. You should seek dispatch applications developed by proven experts in the trucking industry that provide no-charge Support & Training. Plus, you need friendly, knowledgeable technical support personnel to give you service and answer all your questions.